Is this a problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shana0310

Aquarium Advice Activist
There has been a huge difference in the color of my oranda in the last 13 months.

Here she is April 2015...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465175145.109084.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465175159.220834.jpg

And here she is today...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465175190.785909.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465175204.943686.jpg

Is this much change typical? I know that their colors will change, but it seems like she's getting whiter by the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm having trouble zooming in on photos but looks healthy. Anything in the tank that may cause stress issues?

No stress I can think of. Water is:

Ph. 7.2
Ammonia. 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate. 10

She's in a 65 gallon with 2 other golds. She did scrape her head a couple of weeks ago. I think she was going for food between some rocks. I've been treating with water changes and Stress Coat (and made more space between the rocks). But she's eating well and doesn't seem to be sick. Just losing color. It really seems like there are less and less each day.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I had goldfish that were all orange as they grew they started to turn white and orange ,
I"m pretty sure it is normal I have saltwater fish and they change also one pair were silver with a yellow stripe as they grew they turned a dark blue,

Its normal....my black moor turned to pure gold...can you believe that...i didn't at first.....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom