Is this fish worth a lot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CamERER

Aquarium Advice Regular
I found this fish in the assorted bin at a pet store an is absolutely my favorite fish (my favorite colors being orange and blue). My friend saw my pathetic attempt at a pond and said that he could be worth a lot of money some day. Any koi experts who can see if this may be true? Keep in mind that I am not a professional koi photographer and he is very fast and squirmy when I was trying to get the out of water pic. Thanks!IMG_2543.jpgIMG_2544.jpgIMG_2545.jpgIMG_2547.jpg

I have absolutely no experience with koi or ponds, but a quick search came up with pictures of Shusui koi that look similar to yours.

Yes for sure it could grow and be valuable.

Birds and Raccoons will eat them right up so be really cautious and I would keep a net on the small pond. That is a great find. Whether it is a specific kind of Koi or not just the pattern and color combo would make someone pay good money. Love it!

At that size its not very valuable. Probably in the $20-30 range. When it get to 12" or so it will be worth somewhere around $100.

Back
Top Bottom