Is this possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amax25

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
S it possible to have a pond and filter set up without the use of an electric pump?

Something like this crude diagram

Attachments

• image-3601791744.jpg
    image-3601791744.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 95
How would the water move with no pump or siphon? Now on the top from the filter to the pond if you made a siphon to go there it may work. It would push the water from one to the other and make it go around I would think. I'm going to need to think of something like this too. My electric bill went up a lot from the pumps since I hooked it all up.

I'm pretty inexperienced in mechanics, but I can see that working. Just at a glance, I think the filter would need to be lower if its gravity fed, like beneath the pond bottom. I could be wrong. How is the inside of the filter going to be set up? Water flow bottom to top? If so, I'm not completely sure that part will work as planned. But like I said I'm far from an expert. It might be beneficial to work a small water pump in there.

No. While the water levels in the pond and filter will balance out (simple hydrodynamics), without a pump pushing additional water into the filter, the filter will never overflow back into the pond.

Back
Top Bottom