just thought I'd share some pics of my pond I took last night.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then after the addition ill be building kind of boardwalk thing with a bridge over leading to my backyard deck. Should be pretty nice once I'm done. At least in my head it looks nice lol

Very nice. That's kinda the idea I have. Ill be installing sliding doors in my livingroom that come out onto a boardwalk and a bridge just like that then a brick patio with an inground fire pit and a raised deck that will be built around my oak tree. Ill show ya pics of the backyard later so you can picture what I'm picturing.

Edit: maple tree not oak lol.

Very nice. That's kinda the idea I have. Ill be installing sliding doors in my livingroom that come out onto a boardwalk and a bridge just like that then a brick patio with an inground fire pit and a raised deck that will be built around my oak tree. Ill show ya pics of the backyard later so you can picture what I'm picturing.

Edit: maple tree not oak lol.

Oh myyy. That sounds awesome

Sorry no pics to post yet. Was a 12 hour work day then made dinner for my kids and then had to do pwc on my 72 so was dark by the time I even thought about it.

Its a 1000 liter pond I found the model online so roughly 265 gallons I've got some pics ill be uploading shortly with as best of description I can give

ForumRunner_20130718_203837.jpg

ForumRunner_20130718_203900.jpg

ForumRunner_20130718_203933.jpg

ForumRunner_20130718_204114.jpg

So heres dome pics of the pond which if you look at the picture of the bacl of the house is located right to the left of the screen door. The windows on the left is were my livingroom is and where I plan on installing sliding glass doors that will lead out onto a small patio and a boardwalk. Ill add more in a second I've gotta sort through them and fo more explaining

ForumRunner_20130718_205255.jpg

ForumRunner_20130718_205308.jpg

ForumRunner_20130718_205325.jpg

ForumRunner_20130718_205342.jpg

So off to the left of the big windows where my doors will be going you see the red water pump and a tree to the right of it. I plan to build a pond that's probably double in size as the one I have. I'm gling as big as I can without losing access to that dide of the house. I'm then digging a stream to connect the two. I will have a bridge that's part of the boardwalk that will cross the stream to a patio brick patio with inground fire pit

ForumRunner_20130718_210024.jpg

ForumRunner_20130718_210038.jpg

ForumRunner_20130718_210047.jpg

The patio the steps up to to a raised deck that will be back towards the treeline and come towards the house and build my deck around the maple tree. I hope that's helps to visualize my ideas here

Nice backyard! Who does the landscaping? The pictures of it during the day show the true size better. I'm jealous and can't wait for all my plants to grow on like yours have. I just did mine last summer sometime. I think the plan is going to work out and look great.

Nice backyard! Who does the landscaping? The pictures of it during the day show the true size better. I'm jealous and can't wait for all my plants to grow on like yours have. I just did mine last summer sometime. I think the plan is going to work out and look great.

Thanks. I did it with some help from my mom. Shes an interior designer but her talents carry over well to landscaping. I bought the house 5 years ago and its been an ongoing project inside and out ever since.

Nice job with the landscaping and plant selection. Really complements the pond. I have a similar setup but using a smaller (50g) main pool. Been too hot out to enjoy it. Stock with rosy reds and mosquito fish; raccoon ate my comets :(

Back
Top Bottom