Leak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueCrystalMan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Good day... long time no post... not much fun during the winter while everything is frozen over! :cry:

So I think I have a leak... I lose an inch or so of water every three to four days... could this be normal evaporation? I don't remember the level going down so much last year, so that is why I am thinking 'leak'... I looked extremely hard for it last night and can't find anything...

Any tips or tricks for tracking something like this down? The problem is definitely in the falls... when I turn it off and just use the bubbler the water level remains constant...

Tracking down leaks is really hard.

So I think I have a leak... I lose an inch or so of water every three to four days... could this be normal evaporation? I don't remember the level going down so much last year, so that is why I am thinking 'leak'... I looked extremely hard for it last night and can't find anything...

Last spring we had a lot more rain, that may be the diff here, but then again, it could be a leak.

My falls/stream have driven me nuts on more than one occasion, trying to find a leak that probably didn't exist!

I know this is really no help, but you do have my sympathy!

Back
Top Bottom