Lets see how good your skills are!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NatureFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found this Sterilite container and you know what that means..a potential new tank! So on this thread I would like to see you all come up with a design for this potential tank. It's very small probably only a gallon. I'm not going to waste time with substrate so your design must be a barebottom and include stocking, plants to include etc. I posted this here because I want this to be coldwater tank. So nothing tropical please! The winner gets to have their idea used and names of the winners along with pictures of the tank will be posted as well. You may even partner up with another member to come up with the idea together (keep your partner discussions to PM so we don't clog up the thread). If the ideas aren't doable for me (cost wise) then the winner will be posted but the idea may not be used. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing some creative ideas!

NatureFish
????

What could you possibly put in a cold gallon of water? Lucky bamboo and some snails. I win!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What could you possibly put in a cold gallon of water? Lucky bamboo and some snails. I win!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha I know it's a challenge for a reason lol! No fish but maybe shrimp? What shrimp are cold water???

NatureFish
????

Maybe some RCS... If you keep it at at least 74. Water hyacinth or some other floater, maybe water lettuce. Not much.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Maybe some RCS... If you keep it at at least 74. Water hyacinth or some other floater, maybe water lettuce. Not much.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Ok I might just try that. Will YCS work?

NatureFish
????

It's a long and shallow container so maybe three minnows?
I would have a filter of course.

NatureFish
????

Snails would probably be my first choice though. I heard that snails can have rat lung disease (if you don't know what it is, basically it's a disease that snails and slugs commonly get when they eat rat poop), but I doubt an aquatic snail could have that...any thoughts?
I'm curious because humans can get it from the snails and I definitely don't want that.

NatureFish
????

I would go as a grow out tank for baby killies, or I would do a single Pygmy sunfish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would go as a grow out tank for baby killies, or I would do a single Pygmy sunfish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think it might be a bit too shallow for a sunfish.

NatureFish
????

Scoop up some local pond water and set it next to the window. A few sprigs of anacharis (elodea) and you're done.

The inverts will show themselves in a few days-zero water changes.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Scoop up some local pond water and set it next to the window. A few sprigs of anacharis (elodea) and you're done.

The inverts will show themselves in a few days-zero water changes.

I have a pond in my yard will that work?

NatureFish
????

I have a pond in my yard will that work?

NatureFish
????

Maybe, scoop up some leaves from the bottom, somewhere other than just open water. The elodea will grow fine with the light from the window and eventually you'lll see tiny creatures swimming in your tank if you get lucky. If not try again.

Maybe, scoop up some leaves from the bottom, somewhere other than just open water. The elodea will grow fine with the light from the window and eventually you'lll see tiny creatures swimming in your tank if you get lucky. If not try again.

Not too sure how my clean freak family would react to stagnant pond water in their house. I think it's a great idea though! I wish I lived a lone so I could have any type of tank.

NatureFish
????

Back
Top Bottom