Move to pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JC_Bus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello there!

My grandma has 2 fancy goldfish in a 20 gallon. I've been telling her it's too small for them. She finally got a pond its 90 gallons. She's had the goldfish for a pretty long time probably 2 years. Is it not a good idea to move them into the pond? She is scared that something would happen because they have been inside for 2 years. Will they be okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What type of fancies? If they are moors, fantails, ryunkins, or orandas than they should be okay in a pond. Ranchus, bubble cheeks, and telescopes are better off inside. And maybe 6 goldfish would do well in a 90 gallon pond.

29 gallon community
10 gallon gertrudae rainbow W.I.P.

They are fantail goldfish. What I was thinking was bringing them inside for the winter

Hello there!

My grandma has 2 fancy goldfish in a 20 gallon. I've been telling her it's too small for them. She finally got a pond its 90 gallons. She's had the goldfish for a pretty long time probably 2 years. Is it not a good idea to move them into the pond? She is scared that something would happen because they have been inside for 2 years. Will they be okay?

It may depend on the wildlife in the area. I know that where I live, pond goldfish get picked off by big birds.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

There are no big birds or anything like that. We live right in the middle of a huge neighborhood. My grandma has a little device to keep cats away

Where I live there are herons, raccoons, and cats. Yup, good luck with the fish.

29 gallon community
10 gallon gertrudae rainbow W.I.P.

My grandma has just like 1 or 2 trees. The only wild life there are birds

If you could get chicken wire of a similar item to put over the water it might work

Get your grandma a 12guage shotgun ?

Sent from my iPhone using my fat fingers covered in chocolate...

Get your grandma a 12guage shotgun ?

Sent from my iPhone using my fat fingers covered in chocolate...

A 12 gauge might have too much recoil for her. A 20 gauge or maybe a .410 would be better. Be sure to get heavy shot magnum blend, that stuff works against the pests! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom