My comet goldfish gets blackish clolor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkfalcon

Aquarium Advice Freak
How come my comet gets blackish fins/tails. They used to be whitish (like any other comets). Is it due to water condition?? Or maybe a disease??

Sent from my vivo Y28 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1459575963138.jpg
    1459575963138.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 1459575987734.jpg
    1459575987734.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 1459576004323.jpg
    1459576004323.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 88
I'm guessing it's just color changing. Goldfish' color changes a lot as they grow

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I'm guessing it's just color changing. Goldfish' color changes a lot as they grow

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Oh ok. It's just that I've never seen their colors change to black before. Since their original colors are orange/red and white xD. That's why I thought this is some sort of sick fish symptom or something.

It could be something else as I'm no expert on goldfish

Fishobsessed7

It could be something else as I'm no expert on goldfish

Fishobsessed7

Ok, its been more than a week and the fish is not showing any change of behavior so I guess its just a color change.

Maybe it's just a normal color change but the majority of my fish actually died when I put them in an uncycled tank and they turned black but also on their bodies too. Is there an ammonia spike?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They also had no behavior change either.

Maybe it's just a normal color change but the majority of my fish actually died when I put them in an uncycled tank and they turned black but also on their bodies too. Is there an ammonia spike?

Yes there were an ammonia spike. I changed the water then their colors return to normal..... BUT my other goldfish (common goldfish, not comet nor fancy goldfish) which originally has black color on its fin and tail etc now slowly turns into orange D: what should I do to make his black color come back?!?! (which was the reason why I bought him). Unlike the comet, the black colors were original and not abstract (in order or well-placed/organized) which makes him look cool (not to mention the black color line above its mouth which is similar to a moustache xD )

Hmm. Are you able to take a photo of the fish turning orange and show me?
I'm glad your other fish returned to normal. I lost a few fish to an ammonia spike, they turned all black. :'(

Usually when ammonia spike happened they only gasp (ammonia poisoning) then die, but none of them ever turned to black thats why I ask xD

Yeah that's how it usually was for me too. But the black could be ammonia Burns.

Back
Top Bottom