My Goldfish won't eat his vegetables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbimflyer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yeah, just like the title says I have 2 Goldies... One eats peas and spinach and pretty much anything except the cories she cohabitates with and the other Goldfish spits the veggies out Everytime. Is this normal? One's a common and the other a comet, both aggressive and strong/fast swimmers.

Yeah, just like the title says I have 2 Goldies... One eats peas and spinach and pretty much anything except the cories she cohabitates with and the other Goldfish spits the veggies out Everytime. Is this normal? One's a common and the other a comet, both aggressive and strong/fast swimmers.
Might be he doesn't want it. How big is the tank. He might also be lethargic due to other factors. Also, does he eat normally other foods?

Might be he doesn't want it. How big is the tank. He might also be lethargic due to other factors. Also, does he eat normally other foods?

Nooo he is not lethargic at all... he's all over the place, and when I put my hand in the tank he swims up and head butts me and kisses my hand. Lol
He's on his last couple of days of metro-meds.

Did you tell him no dessert if he doesn't finish his veggies? ;)

LOL!!! :lol:

I just think he is a picky fish or he may just be sneaking bites when you are not watching. Have you tried some different types of fruits and veggies? Maybe you can use fruits as a platform to get him started eating different stuff and work from there. No guarentees though! :)

LOL!!! :lol:

I just think he is a picky fish or he may just be sneaking bites when you are not watching. Have you tried some different types of fruits and veggies? Maybe you can use fruits as a platform to get him started eating different stuff and work from there. No guarentees though! :)

No sneaking, b/c I drop a tiny bit right in front of him and he spit them right out. Lol. And I had some carrot slices in the fridge so I wanted to test the theory with Priscilla... so I made it into 3 little pieces and threw them in. She went after a piece of carrot snapped it up like everything else tasted it for a bit then spit it out and swam to the other side of the tank like a played a trick on her or something. Lmao!

Back
Top Bottom