Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Coldwater, Native Fish & Ponds
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-24-2003, 11:18 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

My temp - winter holding tank

I bought a very large storage tank but make sure it is thick enough ,then I cut the hole center of the lid out ,I then placed the rim on top of container (this helps to keep its shape )I then got some plexi glass (you can drill lots of holes in it for air then make it to fit on top of container (you can make it rather into a coffee table thing )I should also mention on the floor I put a big piece of plywood to spread the weight evenly and the container on top. on the outside of the container I have a canister filter, and on the inside I have an adams type of filter plus a pump that circulates the water and works like a bubbler/I also have sitting on 2 plastic pots that I drilled 4 holes in the rim and a few holes around to have it sink to bottom and used a plastic tie tie to hold together a trickle tower made from terracotta strawberry pot filled with lava rocks and a tube in the center that trickles water up and down through the rocks back into the container.

I use a bucket to do 10%water changes every now and then - and I have an attachment to my kitchen sink that a garden hose attaches to so I can fill back up the 10% water change without using bucket.

I check my water quality every week and it is doing great. If you would like to see it follow the link and look for album saying Temp- for heading
http://community.webshots.com/user/ibquackers20

The photos might be a little dark but you can get the idea and even make it look nicer , but I found that I ran out of time and am to buisy to add to it - maybe later after xmas.

Hope this helps

Tags
holding, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com