New 98 Gallon subtropical setup (ignore 79gallon thread got measurements wrong)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em1981ma

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So finally my new 98gallon tank is coming next week

It will house temperate fish so will be subtropical.

2Black Moors
1 golden fantail
1 calico fantail
2 Variatius platys
3 Danios (will up school to 6 in time)
4 White cloud Minnows (will up school to 6 in time)

I intend to start completely from scrap but will use some previous tank ornaments to give my little fish places to hide, my fish have all lived together before and I had no probs so will introduce them slowly again to live together. The little guys and goldfish are currently in separate 3ft tanks.
The new tank is 48inches long (4ft) and 20inches wide and 31inches high.
374litres 98 us gallons

New tank comes with filter in hood, I will cycle the tank by setting tank up with my 620lphr external canister filter, I will also put in 3 internal filters, 2 2012 ehiem pick ups and a u2 fluval filter. Just to help speed things along. I like to over filter my tanks so on top of the 1226lphr lid filter I will probably have my old external canister filter running on it too. So lots of filteration, I will have two bubble pumps running too. I am so excited about this new tank and will keep updates.

I plan on buying new ornaments and plants. I will use some plants from my current tank and will use my pebbles from my current tank too.

The new tank comes with a heater which I will use in the winter months to keep the temperature appropriate for the variatus platys. So it doesn't drop too low.

Congrats on the new tank!! Its sounds like its going to be wonderful home for your goldies! Please keep us updated with pictures! :)

Thanks but I have actually got the size wrong again. its 4ft by 2ft by 2ft which is about 465litres

I think that's about 119 us gallons been bit of a delay getting it. My orginal tank I was getting was 375litres but delivery was a problem so I had to look elsewhere. But got a great custom made one coming now and its bigger so better all round for my four goldies

Back
Top Bottom