New house with pondish waterfall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
glassbird said:
You may be able to add rocks around the edge that will keep the turtle in. They need to overhang the water, but be high enough so that the turtle can't touch them. Be sure to add some place where he/she can get out of the water and sit in the sun.I would find a water turtle forum...probably lots of people there can help you make this pond a turtle paradise.

Keep in mind that most dogs will view a turtle as a chew toy. I worked for an exotic vet for 9 years, and I lost count of the number of chewed up turtles that we saw.

ya... i get what your saying about the dogs. i guess i could. i've done some research... but i'll post something in the amphibian reptile section for now, and see what they say.

ok, well just made an account at turtleforum.com. they told me my aquarium was the perfect size for an eastern painted! i just need to add some dirt to the bottom so it can hibernate, some plants for it to eat (you got your wish fort lol.) it'll be a few months before he can go in though... the previous owners put in clorox bleach to keep algae from growing... (grr!!!) but once that cycles out i should be fine. i also have to sway the folks, and finish setting up my 29. (setup starts monday... and who knows when it ends!) i'll keep ya'll updated... and i'm sure fort could help me with plants lol.

Homedog98 said:
ok, well just made an account at turtleforum.com. they told me my aquarium was the perfect size for an eastern painted! i just need to add some dirt to the bottom so it can hibernate, some plants for it to eat (you got your wish fort lol.) it'll be a few months before he can go in though... the previous owners put in clorox bleach to keep algae from growing... (grr!!!) but once that cycles out i should be fine. i also have to sway the folks, and finish setting up my 29. (setup starts monday... and who knows when it ends!) i'll keep ya'll updated... and i'm sure fort could help me with plants lol.

I have a baby eastern painted and a account on there too! They really are flashy little turts. I love the orange outline on there shell, mine is very friendly and loves attention.

Cool! I still don't use that site as much as I use AA. They don't have an app by any chance do they?

Homedog98 said:
Cool! I still don't use that site as much as I use AA. They don't have an app by any chance do they?

Same here, nothing beats AA. No :( Atleast nothing for my droid. So I have to go into my browser and do all that. fun stuff!

Hey on the part about the platform for the turtle(just an idea) ive seen in the wild, logs they will climb on and sit up on. If you used that you wouldnt have to worry about the platform. I dont have a pond but just an idea for you. Hope it helps

Back
Top Bottom