New water garden... question regarding planting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fort384

Dividing by 0
Site Team
So, after returning home from my deployment overseas, I discovered that my wife had bought a good sized gold fish and put it in my 5gal ADA FW planted tank. This would not do, for many many reasons... Rather than flushing it, I built a small water garden on our back patio, which is something I have wanted to do for awhile anyway. It is not very big, but I figured big enough to experiment with a few outdoor aquatic plants/marginals, and big enough to give my wife's new friend a decent sized home (and get him out of my otherwise beautiful tank). My question is this... are there any plants that I can place in the pond at this time of year, or should I just wait until spring? The water garden is only about 12" deep... but I am in middle Georgia, where we only get a couple of overnight freezes a year. I figured on those nights I could cover the water garden, just as I cover all my planters, etc that are already on the patio.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom