Nitrites in established tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Decided I'm going to do a 80% waterchsnge again tonight. To get nitirite out of water. Know may stress fish out abit but I'd rather that than lose one of my goldie. Seeing as reading was between 0-025 ppm i want it at 0

we're gona need a bigger tank (boat).. JAWS ~~~∆~~\o/~~

80% of a 465 litre tank. Hard work. And ppl moan about do a weekly waterchange on a 29gall. I must love these fish haha its 1am here in london

Attachments

• 1425344693470.jpg
    1425344693470.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 73
So I feel much better now everyone looks happier no surface sucking. And the smell and slight green tinge on the water had gone. I wonder if that was from rotted bodies

Great job getting their water back in shape!! Just keep tabs on things over the week or so.

Whether it was a water quality issue that caused the fish demise or the ammonia from the deceased that created the water quality issue (or a combo of the two), I'm honestly not sure. Just keep an eye on things for now! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'll do a reading tomorrow. Let water settle. But looks clearer and everyone busy and perked up

Attachments

• 1425348534556.jpg
    1425348534556.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 78
Also decided I'm not replacing little guys. I'm just gona have the 6 goldies in the tank for the long term. Hopefully till a good old age.

80% of a 465 litre tank. Hard work. And ppl moan about do a weekly waterchange on a 29gall. I must love these fish haha its 1am here in london

Did you do that with buckets?!! Or do you have one of those python water changer things? That is a huge amount of water :) Glad your guys perked up.

Alas I do with two large buckets. Stats better today. Will keep an eye. Next time I do a large water change after a death. Regardless if stats good or not.

Attachments

• 1425383900322.jpg
    1425383900322.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 70
Alas I do with two large buckets. Stats better today. Will keep an eye. Next time I do a large water change after a death. Regardless if stats good or not.

My goodness!! Your arms must be dead after a large water change. That's dedication for sure. :-D Hope things continue in the right direction.

Hi guys just an update. Getting some good solid 0 readings on nitrite and ammonia now. Things seem to have stabilised did a reading just now before WC. And all 0, nitrates between 5-10ppm. Looking good. Still have decided not to replace the 3 little guys I lost. Will keep the tank for the goldies, Goldie only longterm. As they will get bigger.

Hi guys just an update. Getting some good solid 0 readings on nitrite and ammonia now. Things seem to have stabilised did a reading just now before WC. And all 0, nitrates between 5-10ppm. Looking good. Still have decided not to replace the 3 little guys I lost. Will keep the tank for the goldies, Goldie only longterm. As they will get bigger.

After a 80% waterchange Monday. I have these readings before my wchange today. I thought things were balancing out with the new filter its been in four weeks now. I've not touched the new filter. I've been feeding more veggies lately only other change taking uneaten food out. I've decided I'm going to readd another internal filter interpret 2012pick up to help things out. Although the whole point in me getting a second external filter was so I didn't have to have so many internal filter so goldies had more swimming space. Going to have to do another 80% waterchange as ammonia at 0.50, nitrite at 0.50 , nitratres between 5-10. I though having a bigger tank was gona be less work. But proving to be much more.

Attachments

• 1426422108763.jpg
    1426422108763.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 63
This is upsetting me. I did a test today and although reading for nitrite was blue first of all after 5mins it went purple. I did a 80% waterchange Sunday its only Tuesday and already I'm getting this reading. I have 2canisters and 2 internal filters now going in the tank. I don't know what to do. New filter up and running over four weeks. Other canister over 9months old. Same with internals yet I'm still have probs with nitrite. Its a massive tank I'm going to do another 50% tonight.

False alarm did another nitirite test and looks better

Have a feeling last test had abit of Sundays before waterchange water in the bottom of the test tube

Attachments

• 1426616722806.jpg
    1426616722806.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 53
1day before waterchange due and readings are v.good. readding other internal filter seems to have helped I'm leaving it in. For the sake of them losing a small amount of swimming space I'd rather good water quality. 2internal filters and 2canisters. Should keep these fish in top notch water quality.

Back
Top Bottom