Now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stefernini

Aquarium Advice Freak
So Gus and Fred are doing awesome, no worries there, but now I have what I believe to be planaria worms on the glass. They are tiny, itty bitty, white, and look like tiny bits of thread on the glass. Some slowly craw on the glass, but most look stationary. Every once in a while, one will pop off do some fast wiggling in the water then pop back to the glass. I only feed what the two of them will eat in about five minutes once a day, and I normally have a good water change schedule going, but while Gus and Fred were sick, this got interrupted due to instructions on the medications I was using and they stopped eating so I know there was some bad food sitting in there for a bit. Now that the tank is clean again, I see these worms. They are far too tiny to get pics of. Do I really need to worry about them, or will they go away on their own now that I'm back to a good cleaning/feeding schedule and have a clean tank again?

55 gallon
Ammo 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 10-20
65 degrees
7.8 pH
2 fantail goldfish

They should go away on their own as long as you keep up good weekly wc's. I had them in my betta tank and they disappeared after a few weeks. They aren't harmful to the fish, just not very nice looking.

Back
Top Bottom