Ok, heres a question for everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i have what we call a 'rock garden' which is basically a mound
Of rocks covered in vines it used to be a garden 60 years ago, I was thinking of purchasing a pre formed pond that would fit in the area, its about 7ft X 12ft. Dig out the rocks and dirt and such and placing the pre formed pond inside. And use some of the rocks to build a small wall around the pond.. Now for my
Main questions, This would be my first
Pond, Is building it the way i stated ok? Is there anything i should know about the building process and cycling the water and if any of
You have any sugestions as far as filtration goes i would really apreciate it.

sounds like it would make a nice water garden. Check out Drs foster and smith site. They have a great selection of pond supplies and filtering needs.. Good luck

A diy canister filter using a 5 gallon bucket or larger using any water pump moving between 400 and 800 gph would be you best choice. Just use the pump to push water into the bottom edge and flow out the top edge of the filter into the pond, with the filter filled with at least two types of filter media.

Wait, can u explain that to me in a different way?
So where to. Place the pump and bucket? Sorry im not sure i understand that exactly but it sounds a lot more
Affordable than what i was looking at, A laguna skimmer

The pump should be placed at the lowest point, that pump should be connected to a bucket with a hose by cutting a hole in the side of the bucket towards the bottom and sealed with aquatic glue. Another hole should be made at the top with another hose that allows the water pumped into the bucket to flow up through the filter media and back into the pond. The filter will need to be sealed at the hose points and have a water tight lid so the water doesn't leak out cracks.

Minnesota-koi said:
The pump should be placed at the lowest point, that pump should be connected to a bucket with a hose by cutting a hole in the side of the bucket towards the bottom and sealed with aquatic glue. Another hole should be made at the top with another hose that allows the water pumped into the bucket to flow up through the filter media and back into the pond. The filter will need to be sealed at the hose points and have a water tight lid so the water doesn't leak out cracks.

Oh wow awesome, so basically use a pump to push water through a bucket that contains filter media right? Sounds super easy thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom