Oranda goldfish in a 20 gallon ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish_lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want an Oranda goldfish ( just one ) and the max sized tank I can get is a 20 gallon . Would just one Oranda be able to survive in a 20 gallon or is that too small ?

Also would one be able to survive in a 10 gallon with regular water changes ?

20G is pushing it but may be doable with enough work, a 10G is just not going to work sorry.

Can two ryukins and one black moor live toghether in a 29 gallon ?

No. You could only keep ONE fancy in that tank long term. You could keep 3 juveniles in there SHORT term, but they would become unhealthy and not live long in the long term.

Do you have your heart set on those three fish?

No. You could only keep ONE fancy in that tank long term. You could keep 3 juveniles in there SHORT term, but they would become unhealthy and not live long in the long term.

Do you have your heart set on those three fish?

Oh , I really like black moors , can only one black moor go in a 29 gallon ? And do you know any good gold fish breeders just in Case I do get one ?

I suggest you do some more research on goldfish before you purchase them. Many goldfish have specific requirements and care and, as far as I know, all require large water volumes to thrive. For oxygen needs and because they are high waste producers.

I suggest you do some more research on goldfish before you purchase them. Many goldfish have specific requirements and care and, as far as I know, all require large water volumes to thrive. For oxygen needs and because they are high waste producers.

I've been doing research :) , would one black moor be happy in a 29 gallon , and I interact with my fish so it wouldn't get lonely , like I draw next to them , play video games next to them , and feed them by hand , that's what I do with my two bettas , I have a 3 gallon and 2.5 gallon betta tank

Or should I just get one ryukin in 29 gallon

I'd suggest to do one ryukin, OR one black moor, AND adding an extra filter or replacing te current filter with the GPH and flow rate ten times the tank volume (gallons).

I have three ryukins in a 37gal tank. But I have an 80gal filter and a 40gal filter. On top of that I do a 15gal water change bi weekly. I also feel them high quality fish food along with vegis and remove any uneaten food.
Honestly less fish would have been easier. Taking care of these fish is ALOT of work because the tank really is too small for them. I'd only get one goldfish if I were you. Better one healthy happy goldfish than two sick ones.

I will say you can do two fancy's in a 29, the rule for me with fancy's is 20 gallons for the first fish, and 10 gallons for extras, although I would only put a fancy In a 20 if it was a 20 long
So I would put one Oranda and one black moor in a 29 gallon, just keep up with your water changes

I will say you can do two fancy's in a 29, the rule for me with fancy's is 20 gallons for the first fish, and 10 gallons for extras, although I would only put a fancy In a 20 if it was a 20 long
So I would put one Oranda and one black moor in a 29 gallon, just keep up with your water changes

Sorry, but an oranda and moor would only work very short term in a 29g with frequent wcs. Both of these fancies have the largest potential for growth, easily reaching over 12+inches in a very short time with proper care and diet. Two 12+in fish would not even physically fit a tiny 29g.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...uire-big-tanks-visual-perspective-265871.html

29 gallons is plenty for one. I have 3 in 55 gallons. This isn't the same thing as 1 in 18 gallons though because an 18 gallon wouldn't be enough room for the fish where a 55 gallon allows plenty of room for 1 or even 3 to move around. I also do 50% water changes weekly and filter the tank 10 times per hour.

29 gallons is plenty for one. I have 3 in 55 gallons. This isn't the same thing as 1 in 18 gallons though because an 18 gallon wouldn't be enough room for the fish where a 55 gallon allows plenty of room for 1 or even 3 to move around. I also do 50% water changes weekly and filter the tank 10 times per hour.

I'm not getting a goldfish anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom