oxygenating pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robbeno

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any ideas wich is best air pressure for a pond, is it the submersible ones ? Or anyone used the blagdon pa 2 ?

I'm not understanding your question....

What is a "blagdon pa 2"

You can easily oxygenate a pond with a simple to advanced water feature and/or pond plants.

PHP said:
I'm not understanding your question....

What is a "blagdon pa 2"

You can easily oxygenate a pond with a simple to advanced water feature and/or pond plants.

A blagdon pa1 / pa2 is a pond air pump, or the interpet model, I'm thinking on the lines of winter, 50milmetre air stone or 2 at surface of pond, does stop pond freeze, and cheaper to run than a heater in pond.

Bige said:
How big a pond? If you have a waterfall this will do the job.

Yes it does have waterfall, but Im told at frozen tempertures, your pump should be turned of along with filter and taken indoors. Some say they let there's run all year around, some don't, instructions on mine were sayin take indoors.
Last year in uk I never had pond then but it went down to -10 some days.

Then yes you could add an air pump to the pond if you want.

And just to let you know, bubbles will not keep the tank warm like a heater does, but it does create a hole at the surface when it freezes over (like the heater).

In my opinion, diffused aeration is the best way if you have deep ponds because the air diffuser is on the bottom and you can achieve total pond aeration from the bottom to the top regardless of depth.

Unicorrs said:
In my opinion, diffused aeration is the best way if you have deep ponds because the air diffuser is on the bottom and you can achieve total pond aeration from the bottom to the top regardless of depth.

Thanks for the information, do you no any names or model of a good strong pond air pump ?

Back
Top Bottom