Panda moor search

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nessybehr

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been looking for months for one. I don't know how I feel about purchasing online. I'm on long island anyone have any clue how to find one?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How about a couple options if you are looking for something specific,
join a aquarium club
ask a lfs manager if they can order them for you
Check here on AA for some / post in classifieds

Don't worry about the fish, they usually travel well if you order.

Last edited:
You are welcome.

Hey fwiw, wikipedia mentions that the Panda can change to any color so you might go through so much work to get one only to have it change colors on you! And have patience.

Yah I guess its really a panda butterfly goldfish I'm looking for

Attachments

• 1435901228575.jpg
    1435901228575.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 107
How would I go about joining an aquarium club?

I just googled Long Island Aquarium Society

link here
Home

I am assuming there is only one LI...

Otherwise there were other aquarium societies in central, Brooklyn and others.

When I joined our "local" one, it was recommended to me by other hobbyists. I read about the location and meeting times, and it said visitors were welcome. It took a year for me to join simply because the meetings are far away and usually on a day/time I work.

Ours also has mini auctions each meeting (one time per month) and the members bring fish, inverts and plants, to sell off to the highest bidder. Always nice quality fish and shrimp, other stuff and good deals.

Ours has the best auctions and it was about $25 to join for a year. That helps pay for meeting locations and featured speakers and the costs of setting up the auctions and keeping the website going, etc.

I am guessing it would be the same. You can always use the contact feature listed. Looks like they have a social media page too. Otherwise there are often local FB group members who may be able to point you to the right direction for local fish.

If you want them to stay black and white you'll probably be disappointed. It doesn't take long for black to go away on goldfish, sadly. :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

panda butterfly

try goldfish connection he usually imports goldfish he has some 8 or 9 inches sometimes

That is a beautiful fish in the pic. My experiences with the goldfish is that they often change color. Just don't be too sad if it changes color (if you find one).

Never had a back and white GF, but I did have a black and white Koi I forget which kind he was....- ok just looked him up and he was a Butterfly Koi and looks the same as a Kikokuryu - kinda like a reverse skeleton, and we called him Skello-Warrior. (He went to live in a real pond, since I couldn't build the one I planned).

So if you are ever able to have Koi - that might be a fish pattern you would like.

Just buy a regular black moor and he will change colours as he gets older rarely do they stay all black. My little blackmoor is only a year old and she has orange patches developing. Warmer water in the summer encourages this. Panda moors as far as I know are just black moors going through the change so to speak lol

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My panda moor is almost white now lol

Back
Top Bottom