Peacock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

parsons483

Aquarium Advice Activist
These are the only two what I believe to be females in the whole tank but not my only peacocks but only these two spend a lot of time in this spot IMG_1845.jpg

One is a OB peacock (from what I have read online female peacocks have rounder fins than the others. The one in the picture has rounded fins while my other OB has pointy) this one spends majority of its time in this spot, and only comes out from it to feed

The other is an unknown peacock just pretty sure it’s female. This one do swim around a lot more and occasionally chase another one of the fish.

My question is why are just these two hiding in this spot

The juvenile OB, if male, will be brightly marked, even at an early age. The female OB will be marked, but with dull coloration. The other Peacock will have to grow a bit before you will know the gender for sure.

The juvenile OB, if male, will be brightly marked, even at an early age. The female OB will be marked, but with dull coloration. The other Peacock will have to grow a bit before you will know the gender for sure.

Sorry I updated the post. I didn’t have my actual question there.

But the those two have rounded fins and the other has pointed. That brown one has shown no sign of getting any color yet. It’s about 2 and a half inches so far tho

Back
Top Bottom