pH advice???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teagybear

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey, so my 130 gal is ready to be homed, but I was wondering: is it better to have a high stable ph or one that would be lower, but more prone to swings? My tank is at 8.2 pH, but I feel like i should lower it. I do have peat moss and I plan on having Ranchus and orandas. Advice please?

Tank pH

Hey, so my 130 gal is ready to be homed, but I was wondering: is it better to have a high stable ph or one that would be lower, but more prone to swings? My tank is at 8.2 pH, but I feel like i should lower it. I do have peat moss and I plan on having Ranchus and orandas. Advice please?

Hello teag...

Your pH is fine. You just need to follow a good water change routine from the beginning to keep the water safe for the fish and plants. Consistent water changes, large and done weekly will keep the water chemistry stable. Be a good and faithful water keeper and you'll have no tank problems.

B

Bradbury's advice is spot on! :)

Lots of big water changes and do not stress in respect to the ph unless it starts to drop. Goldfish actually do best in high ph, hard water. Your ph is perfectly fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom