PH nightmare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marble will raise pH. I don't know how much but worth a shot. Also, I found a dosing for baking soda. It's 1 TEAspoon per 5 gallons of water. Add additional TEAspoons as necessary to raise it. Dilute the baking soda in dechlorinated water then add to the tank.

Start out slow so you don't raise the pH to fast and harm your fish.

Marble will raise pH. I don't know how much but worth a shot. Also, I found a dosing for baking soda. It's 1 TEAspoon per 5 gallons of water. Add additional TEAspoons as necessary to raise it. Dilute the baking soda in dechlorinated water then add to the tank.

Start out slow so you don't raise the pH to fast and harm your fish.

Cool I can get ahold of 40lbs of marble gravel for 3 dollars less than a mile from my house. So I might try that vs having to constantly add baking soda very water change.

No kidding I doubt I'll need a pound lol but hey never hurts to have extra. The cheapest,I've found coral is like 20 to 30 shipped.

Im thinking roughly 5 handfuls will probably raise it a degree if it's anything like crushed coral.

Back
Top Bottom