Pics of my Pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is absolutley fantastic. I would love to do something like that in my yard....but then I wouldn't have a yard left. Hmmmmmm... :twisted: ....already sounds good to me.

Great job on the pond. :D

I'm glad you all like the pond. My friends and I were fortunate enough to find this house with the pond already installed. All we had to do was fill it, get a filter, the plants, and fish. It has been running for about a year now. We had a really bad floating algae problem for like 6 monthes and couldn't even see the fish. Then my roommate got a Fish Mate UV filter and 2 monthes later the pond was looking amazing again. I still need to add some more Lillys though.

what are the dimensions? it looks bigger than 500 gallons. I am about to install a 1300 gallon pond in my yard this summer, and your pond looks close to the size. There is no way your pond is one third the size of mine.

The pond is about 7x5x2.5 According to the formula on the Aquasafe bottle that is about 500 gal. Unfortunately my friends and I are only renting the house so we probably wont be expanding on the pond at all. I would love to add a waterfall but probably not going to happen. Plus I spend alot of money and time on my other tanks and other toys I have. Just want to add more plants and get a seperate pump for the uv filter so I can get the fountain going again.

More pond = less grass to mow!

Pond looks beautiful. If there were more than 6 weeks of summer here in buffalo I'd love to do a pond.

A real easy "addition" ... grab a few more of those slate rocks that you're currently using for the borders, and stack them where you have the filter hoses running to the pond, and put the return line at the top of the stack so the water runs down over the rocks and into the pond. Hides the hoses and adds some movement.

Back
Top Bottom