Pics of the 29g tank you guys are helping me with....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCFatz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
tank39pw.jpg

Ammonia now tests at 0 regularly,but the nitrites are still there....but they too seem to be headed down so I feel like I've almost got it.I added the live plants about a week ago and the red plants really set the tank off I think.

I've got a few more pics saved and I may add them later.

Thanks again all!

tank58jb.jpg

tank68vr.jpg

tank16mp.jpg

Very nice. I like the way the bubbles seem to be coming out of the rocks.
Do you have three separate airstones, or a single wand?

Those two plants in the back are not aquatic plants. They are going to rot and pollute the water eventually. I think they are peace lilys. Not sure what the two red plants are but the tank looks awesome. I just wanted to let you know about the plants becuase i had some of those and they really started to funk up my water when they started to die.

Great job! (y) Looks awesome in there. I like your dark colored slate against the light gravel. Does your background have rocks printed on it?

Wow...thanks guys for the compliments!!Glad it know it looks good to you guys too!

The bubbles are from a wand stuck to the back of the tank behind the slate.A bought a gang valve to throttle the air back because I felt like it was to strong hooked straight to the pump.The pic shows the results after the flow was throttled back a good bit.

The background is of large round stones and a little plant life.

The plants were purchased at petsmart and the ones in the back were labeled "assorted swords".Fwiw they were under water there...but I'll keep a close eye on them.Thanks for the heads up.
The red ones were actually called red something or other,but I can't freakin remember the second word.

Thanks again guys for all the help and the kind words.

IF you are concerned about the plants you can try posting in the planted tanks forum or over at www.plantgeek.net (those guys really know their stuff) They could be swords but its kinda hard to tell.
Im not trying to discourage you but i did the same thing, i bought a bunch of plants from Petco and LPS and found out that half of them were semi-terrestrial plants and Petco/Petsmart are really really bad about the plants that they sell.

This is what it looks like you have, its sometiems called brazilian sword but its really spath
http://www.plantgeek.net/plantguide_viewer.php?id=235

The plant in the foreground looks like Red Ludwiga to me. (Ludwiga Repens)

The plants in the rear I'ld be inclined to guess as Echinodorus cordifolius ('Tropica Marble Queen')

The latter is just a guess, but it's one of the few aquatic plants that have white markings on them.

Nice looking tank.

Back
Top Bottom