Platinum ogon koi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUEaquarium06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just bought a platinum ogon koi and I don't yet have a pond but we plan to put a pond in fairly soon, I have him in a 100 gallon tank by himself. About how long will he be able to stay in there? he's a bout 3" right now.

If it's possible, spring would be better. Since they fish is still small he might be ok in there for a few months. Koi do produce a lot of waste so you need a good filter. If he grows obviously you'll need a bigger tank. Do you have a picture of him.

Since the fish is really white, I would provide cover so it doesn't get a sunburn

Hate to say it, but that doesn't look like a platinum ogon.... should be pure white and metallic, not dark on the back??

I could be incorrect and he could of been labeled wrong cause I got him at Petco, but in person he seems very metalicy and white. But what would you say he is by the picture? Just wondering, out of curiosity

Looks like a gin matsuba.... silver metalic with dark 'pine cone' (matsuba) markings on the back

Back
Top Bottom