Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjrom1022

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a common goldfish in a 10gal tank. hes been doing fine for months and all of a sudden this morning he was on his side floating. he's not dead yet. water quality is perfect. he has no disease. what's wrong? what should we do. i'm not home and my dad is with him right now taking care of him. please help i love this fish so much thank you

i have a common goldfish in a 10gal tank. hes been doing fine for months and all of a sudden this morning he was on his side floating. he's not dead yet. water quality is perfect. he has no disease. what's wrong? what should we do. i'm not home and my dad is with him right now taking care of him. please help i love this fish so much thank you

UPDATE: pH is 6.2, usually it's 7.2. what do i do???? there was a sudden change please help me

See if a water change (50%) can be performed using temperature matched, treated water. Perhaps an aerosol toxin from a cleaning product.

See if a water change (50%) can be performed using temperature matched, treated water. Perhaps an aerosol toxin from a cleaning product.

the ph test was wrong and the ph is fine. any other ideas? there's some slight fin and tail movement every once and a while. he's over an air stone right now to get more oxygen. i just cant pinpoint anything that could have went wrong

Lot's of possibilities.
What type of substrate do you have?
What foods do you feed?
What is your water change/cleaning schedule?
What type of filtration?

As mentioned, water changes asap.

Back
Top Bottom