POND ALGAE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We just set up two of the preformed ponds one is 90 gal and the other is 100gal we are having a problem with algae and green water can't see the fish right now is there any way to solve this problem without using commercial algecides the are not recomended for the palnts and some say do not use with fish. :?

I have a thing called Microbe Lift Pl, all it is is a bottle of bacteria that help break down the dead algae faster. What is your filtration? If you just have a pump, they sell boxes that you can put the pump in that acts as a filter. Over the top is a sponge, and underneath is full of bio-balls. Another helpful solution is to put in plants. Underwater plants help by taking away the food that the algae eats, while floaters and lillies cut down the amount of sunlight the algae gets. Hope this helps.

I had this problem and thought I would never get rid of yuk water. I ran across a product at the pet store made by Pond Care called Accu-Clear pond clairfier. For the first time in a long time I can see my fish. ( I also have plants but even with just them I couldn't see my fish). You only use 1 teaspoon for each 50 gallons of water. (Mix the AccuClear with pond water). The directions are on the back. It is a 16oz bottle and I paid about $20 but it sure is worth it. I won't be without it since it is neat to see the fish.

Back
Top Bottom