Pond Fish Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite type of pond fish?

• Comet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shubunkin

• wakin/jikin

• fantail

• Pearlscale

• Oranda

• Telescope eyed

• Chichlids

• Native Fish

• Other(explain below)

• Total voters
My fav pond fish is a native cichlid. I'm going to (eventually) do a pond with Texas Cichlids. They are native to the Rio Grande River which is 5 miles from from my house. It's so hot down here that outdoor ponds would not be condsidered "coldwater" for goldfish or koi (maybe if it was REALLY deep). It doesn't get cold enough in the winter to kill Texas cichlids since they are native. I think it will be pretty cool too. I'm planning about a 400 gallon pond. Small by most standards, but it should hold a couple of Texas' pretty good. ;)

thought i would revive this thread. I now like zebra danios! i had three in my pond and they were so neat in there. They stck out when the sun hit them and they brought a little excitment to the pond with their zippy movement.

Thanks for reviving the thread, since I never saw it! I like shubunkins. Love the coloring, and they don't get big like koi. That's good for me since I only have 650 gallons or so.

I keep cichlids - a green terror, 2 severums, 2 jack dempseys, plus a school of buenos aires tetras. They have survived the cold snaps we have had down here quite well, with just a 400 watt aquarium heater and a bubblewrap blanket for the coldest nights. Gotta love that subtropical Texas coastal climate!

Back
Top Bottom