Pond I have been building

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would feel bad fishing in this pond if I knew there was Koi in there :D

So back to the pond dye. How does it really work? I would assume that would would have to put a lot of dye in there to be able to dye the whole pond. Is this something you have to do on a weekly basis?

I had koi in there before. The hawks eat them with in a week. I did have two black koi in there for years. They were all of 2 feet long. Then they disappeared one day. Not sure what happened.

The pond dye works by changing the spectrum of light in the water. This spectrum doesnt allow algae to grow. No maintence needed. Although with rain, the water lightens. I used a gallon of dye. Cost 39.99.

This looks absolutely amazing Bige. Good work. Time for an update on how the pond is going. :popcorn:

I will update it. I just added some bass and catfish. The pond is still full even though we haven't had any rain. If it drys out some I plan on digging the edges deeper. That way the weeds can't grow.

I am going to be building a new pond sometime soon. Probably when it warms up. It will have a water fall and a stream and end in a pond. Still working out the logistics. We just built the house so still watching where the water is running when it rains.

That is amazing! I hope when I get out of college I can get enough land to build a nice large pond. Your living the life buddy!

I am going to be building a new pond sometime soon. Probably when it warms up. It will have a water fall and a stream and end in a pond. Still working out the logistics. We just built the house so still watching where the water is running when it rains.

Wow 3 ponds? I admire you. (y)

We have been jumping that on atvs now. Even the mother in law went over. I bailed but once she lived we all went. Jk of course ;). Was gonna buy a fountain to put in the center of the pond with the pier but am gonna buy an electric gate first. Both are really expensive.

Im definitely subscribed. This is awesome. Im planning on eventually (like 10 years from now lol) owning a pond design and building business. This is great for ideas.

Back
Top Bottom