Pond v3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You sure did a ton of work (probably literally). The fountain tower is pretty fun. That is remarkable how one can put together bits and pieces and end up with something nice. Good job. Like the colored light orbs...and I saw FISH!!!

Thanks guys! Yes, it was probably the biggest project I've tackled in quite awhile. The Goldfish seem really happy with it, of course! :fish2:

I can't remember where I found those landscape lights a couple years ago, but they are pretty cool. They cycle through turning different colors every ten seconds or so. Needed new batteries this year.

New Pics!

Just snapped a couple more shots of the pond with foliage in full grow and clear water beneath...

pond15.jpg

pond16.jpg

Looking nice! Always wondered if birds or cats can be an issue?
Don't think cats so much. We have 2 and they just sit there looking, trying to figure out what to do. Some birds species, raccoons and coyotes are definitely a threat, tho. But as long as it is deep enough and the fish have obstacles to hide in/under, all seems well so far. Our dentist told me he's lost hundreds of dollars worth of koi to a certain blue heron, probably he thinks, because their pond isn't deep enough.

It's Over!

Started getting the pond put away for winter this week:

EmptyPond1.jpg

EmptyPond2.jpg

It's drained, goldfish are inside. Still needing to clean out the bottoms and get it covered.

How are you feeling about the amount of work it took vs. the rewards?
The process of working through my various hobbies is it's own reward in itself. Still looking forward to finishing touches in the spring along with new ideas for floating plant moorings and stuff like that.

On the topic of "worth," FWIW, we are closing a refinancing deal on the house tomorrow. Got the appraisal back Wednesday which according to recent comparable sells, says we have one of the mose expensive houses in the neighborhood, including among many other pictures, one shot of a so-called "water feature." Somebody must have thought it was "worth" something. :whistle:

That's great news about your water feature being featured in the appraisal pics!!! (The market is really roaring right now too) (y)

The water feature shows the love and care of the property.

Back
Top Bottom