Qestion time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

okay, so i live in the UK and have a great pond ( but i add salt dose that make it brackish?? ) anyway i was wondering if you could use a "Freshwater master test kit" that is designed for a aquarium to test the NITRITE and NITRATE of the pond?

any idea or is the water completely different?

Oh and three of my kio/goldfish, have what seem's to be scales missing along the side ( one has just 1 missing another has 4 or 5 ), and 1 has a little black spot, they seem fine but i have had trouble in the past. should i worry ( remember i live in the UK if that makes a difference)

Any idea anyone?

Don't worry, your test kit will be fine. The amount of salt you add is nowhere near enough to consider your water brackish, it is freshwater.

I am a little less sure about diseases. I think you might get a few more responses to those questions if you post over in the FW disease forum.

Also, do you have any pictures of the fish? That would be helpful in identification.

thank you.

yeah sure il try and get some pictures ( if i can the are very jumpy around this time of year)

Attachments

• stupid_fish_025_786.jpg
    stupid_fish_025_786.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom