Quality goldfish /suppliers/breeders suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WindSwept

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Not sure where this thread belongs, my apologies if this is incorrect.

I've been hunting around the local chain petstores trying to find some nice metallic scaled calico/shubunkin goldfish, but to no avail! Was wondering if any of you sharp eyed fellows had any suggestions for online vendors or breeders/suppliers centered in PA?

Thank you all for your time! Have a swell day!

Are you looking for these fish for your pond? As its not pond season here in PA right now, this may be a bit difficult until spring is in season. Where in PA are you located?

Yea these'll be pond fish. We wouldn't be looking to buy them until spring/summer, just curious if there are any places/sites to keep our eyes on! And we're something like the Greater- greater Philadelphia area, if that helps.

A great place to check out is Limekiln Ponds and Gardens in Glenside (montg co off tpk). I believe they reopen after Easter/April. Dont let its exterior appearance scare you either! They are spectacular for pond plants (literally have 5+ huge greenhouses) and any sort of fish imaginable. Their koi are gorgeous and HUGE (and expensive). They will also order just about anything if you dont find it. Also, check out Raingarden (Rain Garden Goldfish)- Steve has beautiful fish and reasonable shipping costs. If you do not see what you are looking for, just email him!! He is great to do business with! You can check out the Goldfish Connections live weekly auction (usually starts on thurs or fri)- they occasionally have some stunning pond fish but they garner high price tags. Hope this helps! :)

Back
Top Bottom