Question about container size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2Tranquil

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just had this lovely pond setup this summer and now that winter is approaching ... I'm not sure what I should do with my fish & plants.

I thought I could winterize it outside, but from other postings I've read I think I'm going to have to bring my stuff indoors (but I'm not sure.) If I bring them inside, what gallon size container would be best? Which plants do I need to bring in?

My out-door pond is pre-formed, 2 containers with a connecting section between them. Overall it's 155gal. (at least that's what the container labels added up to) but only 18" deep with 6" plants shelf around perimeter, with a fountain pump. I have 5 butterfly koi & 6 comet fish, hardy lillies, miniature cattail, Bluebell & an Iris I'm worried about. I think I'm in the planting zone 4 or 5 - it does get pretty cold.

Would I need to bring them in? What size container? Can I leave them outside with a floating de-icer & keep the pump running?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom