Rivercats 4000g pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rivercats

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just took the first pic's of the front pond for this year and thought I'd share. Excuse the water, it's been raining quite heavily here alot and the water gets murky. Also the pond still has some spring green algae on the substrate which will be gone in a few weeks. The pond is roughly 28'x16'x 4' at the deepest as the koi winter outside. The 3 largest Koi are over 24" so you can get an idea of the size of the pond compared to the fish in the pic's. It is literally built 12" off our sunroom so we can sit and enjoy this pond from inside unlike the other pond and stream located further back by the patio. Also put pic's of just a few of the imported Japanese koi my daughter collects (and everyone says how much my 220g planted costs... ha, not even close to these fish). I put the names of the fish posted. Hope you enjoy! Here's a link to the album.....

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: 4000g pond

Thanks, it's been a work in progress since 08 with little tweeks here and there.

That's an awesome pond. I have always wanted to do a koi pond. hThose are some beautiful fish and I'm diggin the rock work too.

Thanks guys! It's really nice to sit out in the sunroom at night with the lights spotlighting area's of the pond and waterfall and to hear the leopard frogs calling.

Amazing pond. My GF and I always talk about wanted a nice koi pond, Japanese style... One Day!! I like the landscaping and choice of plants too. The color contrasts remind me of a dutch aquarium! haha

Amazing pond. My GF and I always talk about wanted a nice koi pond, Japanese style... One Day!! I like the landscaping and choice of plants too. The color contrasts remind me of a dutch aquarium! haha

Thanks! The landscaping is still being worked on but is evolving nicely. Notice the Red Japanese Maples... again me and color, imagine that! We have 16 Japanese Maples and I believe 10 different types in the landscaped section of the yard that also houses the two ponds and stream. Am going to try to get some yard pic's so you can see why the 220 looks the way it does.

What a beautiful pond and stunning fish. I'm guessing the ones with the flowing fins are the imports?

Those are just Butterfly's. Actually all the individual pic's are imports and their names are under the pic's. I just couldn't post pic's of all the different ones. I like the Butterfly fins best but all of them are pretty cool looking.

those butterflys are gorgeous!

and the pond is absolutely stunning!

I am so jealous of your creativity, and your daughtor's rockscaping ability!

those butterflys are gorgeous!

and the pond is absolutely stunning!

I am so jealous of your creativity, and your daughtor's rockscaping ability!

Thanks! She is a work horse and is so picky about how the rocks are placed. She'd do great with an African cichlid tank!

She's very talented! I can't even imagine how awesome an African tank of hers would be!

oh man if they did a cichlid tank together like a big one it would be phenominal especially if it were a showcase tank

and i just looked at the pics of the pond on my computer vs the phone and its even better i would be in heaven if i had a chill out spot like that

That's exactly what it is a chill out spot. Then turn around and on the wall is the 220g planted. So we have water on both sides of us, can't ask for more than that.

Your pond and fish are absolutely stunning!!! Wonderful job by your daughter! Looking forward to seeing yard pics, too! :)

That's exactly what it is a chill out spot. Then turn around and on the wall is the 220g planted. So we have water on both sides of us, can't ask for more than that.

Absolutely stunning pond and fish!! I hope I can develop the creativity and generate the income to come up with something as nice in the future.

Awesome pond and fishes! I can't wait to see more pictures. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom