Rope/reed fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

parsons483

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a rope/reed fish yesterday I don’t some research on them so I put cling wrap all over the back of my tank so he/she can’t get out.

Is there anything better someone could recommend?

It’s only about little over half a foot long.IMG_0296.jpgIMG_1746.jpgIMG_1745.jpg

Depending on how much splash back you may be getting from air stones filters etc. I would go with a terrarium lid that is caged then put a light up above.

Depending on how much splash back you may be getting from air stones filters etc. I would go with a terrarium lid that is caged then put a light up above.

I don’t think that would work. I have two filters that hang off the back of the tank

Ahh yeah that would be a problem. If you are up for a change you could go with sponge filters or under gravel instead then an air hose can be fed through the grate and your good to go.

As far as keeping the hob I'm not sure I have a good solution on that one

Ahh yeah that would be a problem. If you are up for a change you could go with sponge filters or under gravel instead then an air hose can be fed through the grate and your good to go.

As far as keeping the hob I'm not sure I have a good solution on that one

I guess I’m stuck with using cling wrap. Changing the filter is not an option. The rope fish is in a tank with African cichlids and I have specific substrate for them

Back
Top Bottom