Ryukin filter needs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rodeo one

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is a 90g tank I m maintaining at my work. It has 3 Ryukins & 2 BNP's. It has a double BioWheel running with ceramic bio cylinders, foam & poly fill in them. Does that sound like enough for the tank? I also had a cannister running but it started to leak out of where the cord goes into the lid, so I tore it down. Wondering if I need it? Water parameters are good , 50% WC weekly . Any thoughts? Thanks!

image-4080256761.jpg

It's an HOB filter remaining, correct? Do you know the make or model? I'm guessing it's a penguin or emperor Marineland. If you can add another filter, that would be great for them. The single HOB on 90g is under filtered, especially for goldies. If this isn't impossible, stay on top of the wcs. :)

Thanks for the reply JLK . It s a double Penquin BioWheel. I m going to try to get 1 or 2 in tank sponge filters but have to wade (get it?, wade) thru a bunch of red tape , office politics & owner inertia. But, I shall persevere :).

Yeah, I kind of suspected there would be lots of red tape involved with anything concerning funding. Good luck though! Maybe picking up an additional filter cheaply on craigslist or at a yardsale is an option?

Back
Top Bottom