Show off your lillies contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you want. Basically I am looking or a bunch of shots. There are no specific categories or prizes as of now. I figured as we had more interest we would then start to make things more specific.

As of right now I see categories as being:
Best Flower Shot
Best Pad Shot
Best "extra" shot (things like frogs or dragonflies on the pads/flowers)
Most natural pond shot
Most Unique Pond shot
Best Fish

The way I see it that boils down to only three categories for you to submit into. A lilly category, a Pond Category, and a fish category. This way we have plenty of awards, but not too many categories to discourage entries.

Ideally I guess entries would be random and a panel of judges would then vote on who they liked for which award. If anyone can think of a better way to do this without having 6 different voting categories let me know.

As far as information, it is always nice, but it might be hard to keep things anonymous with it there. Perhaps pictures could be sumbmitted with info. As the contest runs it is not visible, but afterwards we can have a pond picture sticky where each person showcases their entries with all of the details?

As always, feedback is appreciated.

Frog Girl,
I highly doubt you need to know the name as there are soo many types out there, and I wouldnt see the reason to know the name.

I am guessing most of yours are hardies, so you dont have anything super special (I like hardies, most of mine are hardies)

They are putting up lots of leaves but no buds yet, I dont know when to expect buds...

Be patient zacdl I have lots of pads too but also the first 3 blossoms have shown up. Your zone can't be that different than mine here in far N texas.

Sounds like a plan Roger I will have to hone down my pics.

Well here is a picture, just kinda as a bump to the thread to remind the rest of you to keep posting :) I like looking at the differant kinds of lilies, and love to see hybrids.

This is a regular white hardy the first up in 05

PICT0733.sized.jpg

I may never have any. My lilies sprouted pads but today I went out and all the pads are all floating, unattached. :(

Guess I saw this thread abit late and the lillies on my pond were gorgeous this year :) maybe next yeat :wink:

Back
Top Bottom