some pond fish pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snwsk8r8

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
img_689980_0_6f165e63c2d6efb98f461546bc502db0.jpg

img_689980_1_87916e7c87ba542bc0d804a07cd855e5.jpg

BEAUTIFUL KOI!!! wow, you really have a nice colour combo there. Looks great! Is that a red cap oranda in there too! wow that one is a beauty!. How many gallons is the pond, any chance of some full pond pics?

Pretty, pretty fishies! Where are you, and do your fish stay outside all winter? I'm wondering if the red-cap oranda would be hardy for outdoors all year...

I love the bright yellow koi!

Diane

yea its a red cap oranda . i have two the one u see is the bigger one i got from my friend. i have full pond pics at the outdoor pond showcase and the name is our new pond. im in nj and yes they stay out all winter . the bright yellow koi i believe i got from walmart when it was a baby

here is the link for the full pond pics

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=84935

I am surprised that the oranda can live over the winter, they have a range from about 68-78F, but CAN live in even colder water, but is not recommended. It all depends on the depth, how deep is it? I really want to get an oranda for my pond, they are awsome! I love it!

its about 3 feet deep and ill put the deicer in the deep end

Actually from what I have been reading the whole fancy goldfish cannot stand cold winter temps is a myth because fundamentally they are the same as Koi & Commons.

As long as you maintain gas exchange they will just hibernate for the winter.

Hell I have read of Bubble Eye and Celestials being just fine and much more healthy outdoors as well.

:twisted:

I am soooooooo jealous! We keep indoor goldies but want to add an outdoor pond. I'd love for my bubble eye to get HUGE!!! He's a good 7" now.
Wonderful shots and the pond is pretty nice too. Lol!

:twisted:

I am soooooooo jealous! We keep indoor goldies but want to add an outdoor pond. I'd love for my bubble eye to get HUGE!!! He's a good 7" now.
Wonderful shots and the pond is pretty nice too. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom