Some pond pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fluff

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had a visitor to my pond the other day and he's been there every day since. lol He's really a cute little thing so I thought I'd share some pics of him and my water lily. :)

Attachments

• 062608 014.jpg
    062608 014.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 062608 017.jpg
    062608 017.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 062908 004.jpg
    062908 004.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 79
They can be very rewarding Mike. Good luck. They can be a pain to get started, but after the first year or so, they are pretty self sustaining. At least that's been my experience. :)

Can we get a pic of the whole pond? Those are some nice shots!

I'll have to do that Scott. :) My batteries are charging right now though. I killed them taking pics of the new eel. ;)

LOL! Awesome! I am also thinking of doing a pond and like to get ideas from folks.

I miss my pond ..... wahhh! I took it down 2 years ago.

Love the frog on the lily pad, any chance I could get you to e-mail me that file so I could use it as my wallpaper at work?

I can't wait to move to a home with a yard. I really want a pond! Very pretty pictures.

Thanks everyone. :)

MsBeanCtr,
I'd be more than happy to send you the file. It was taken on a low setting though so I wouldn't have to resize it. It may not look so great stretched out for a wallpaper. :-| But, your more than welcome to it. PM me your email if you still want to try it.

Love the pictures Cindy! Pretty frog and lily pads! I would love to see a full picture shot of the pond, too!

Fluff,

Have you ever fed your frogs?

We throw bread crumbs out to our goldfish and one of our frogs swims over and eats with them. It's too funny to watch him fight with the fish over a little piece of bread. :D

lol No, I've never tried that. But I don't feed my fish either except in early spring. They feed on bugs, algae and I'm sure some frog eggs/tadpoles this year. I've seen one or two smaller frogs so I believe they spawned. My pond is a mess right now. With the cool nights we had the last couple weeks, everything is starting to die off already. But my lilies are still blooming some. Here are a couple more pics...

Attachments

• 082508 011rs.jpg
    082508 011rs.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 082508 013rs.jpg
    082508 013rs.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom