starting over (sad story)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mumrah

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, about 2 weeks ago i noticed some of the larger goldfish in my pond (~8") had some ich all over them. So i treated the pond with salt and the ich seemed to go away pretty quickly.

I resumed normal filtration and whatnot and the ich remained at bay for a few days before it popped up again on other fish this time. While i was doing a water change to remove the salt (i was going to try medication this time) i had to leave my house for an hour or so, so i left the hose running. When i came home, all of my fish were floating. I guess it was either the chlorine from the tap water, or just the shock from the salinity difference. Either way, they're all dead, and i feel pretty bad about it.

Since this pond was being recovered from its desititude state (it came with my new house), i've decided to trash it and start over. So where can i read up on designing and constructing a nice small size pond. I want turtles, koi possibly, plants, a water feature, etc. Where can i get some info on this?

Thanks,
David

Sorry about your loss

Hey i am sad to hear about that but it happens. You see when i lost my fish there were all so used to me beeing around and they even ate out of my hand. They even let me pet them!i hope yours wern't like that because the attachment makes it just too hard.

P.S. there are plenty of fish in the sea, or at least the pet stores and from local breeders so find some more and learn from your mistakes!

Back
Top Bottom