Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Coldwater, Native Fish & Ponds
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-26-2002, 03:31 PM   #1

Stream mistakes/repairs

Arrgh! By stream is leaking and there is a lot of work involved in repairing it. Long story short, I didn' make one side of the stream high enough (6 years ago) and it settled some over time, so water is now leaking out the side. After digging the stream bed and putting down underlay and liner, I concreted in the whole thing with lots of stream rocks and pebbles, (and used concrete color mix too, so it matches the rocks).

Now I have to rip out a large section of the concrete, fold the liner back so I can put more dirt under it and raise the whole side of the stream a few inches. waiting for cooler weather, couple more weeks should get me there.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 08-26-2002, 03:37 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Please do, I am very interested. I think that anyone that does aquariums will eventually aspire to a pond. There is something about having something like that outside in your yard, (the huge size don't hurt either ) that draws us.

I read in one of your other posts that you don't have a digital camera, but if you don't mind spnding a little extra for the processing, you can have your 35mm pics put on a CD when they are developed. Then they are already digital for you, just a little cropping and resizing and your ready to go.. I know I for one am very anxious to see some pond pics .

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 04:28 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Anemoneman Send a message via Yahoo to Anemoneman
Me too! I am very interested in pond threads. I have two friends that have ponds, one big and one small. I hope to have a pond one day. So keep posting problems and pointers.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 08-30-2002, 04:02 PM   #4

on my way!

Well its nice and cool today, did mucho demolition! Tore out all the rocks (some are up to 100 lbs) and concrete today. I lifted the liner and put a couple wheel barrows full of dirt under the edge that was too low. For the time being, I just placed the rocks back where they belong and filled in the gaps with river rock pebbles. I want to make sure there are no more leakks before doing concrete work again. It is running and all is well, I'll give it some time before doing the concrete again.

Hoowee, time for a frosty beverage!
Old 08-30-2002, 07:16 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Pics man, we need pics....Put the beer down, take the camera outside and snap off a few shots. If need be, you can send them to me and I'll scan them for ya and send you the pics

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, stream

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com