Talk me out of it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shanny

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I went over to talk with one of the Instructors (I work at a college) and there sitting on her desk is a 1.5g vase with a small calico fantail in it. The water was cloudy and I could see lots of waste in the gravel. She said one of her students left it behind so she was trying to take care of it until she could find it a new home. I felt so sorry for the little one. I gave her some advice on min tank size, water changes and diet.

I have a 37g with 1 Oranda and 1 Ryukin. Both are about 5" with tail. I shouldn't add another should I? Please tell me it would be a bad idea cause I am tempted to save that baby!

Do it. 37g is only a tinge under what you should have for three fancies. It would be soooo much better than that vase.

Hi there, a newbie here. I have no input except to ask what happened? :)

I got wrapped up thinking about that poor fish.

Hi. I am trying to find a quarantine tank for it so I can rescue it. I live in a small town with no pet store so finding a tank isn't easy. I might have to resort to a Rubbermaid tub.

I'll update if I take it in!

Figures......

Bought a gently used Fluval Edge 12g (I wanted to get one eventually, just not right now) for $150 so I could take this little one home. So I phoned today to say I would take him only to find out they moved him into a 20g at work till she could take him home for her son. Lol

At least he is in a bigger tank and will be going home with her soon. It's a happy ending, other than my lighter bank account. Lol

Back
Top Bottom