Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Coldwater, Native Fish & Ponds
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-04-2018, 01:17 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

No problem. Anything at or under 400 ppm TDS is ok for most fish.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:42 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Chances are the nearby fish store is on the same tap your home is. Ask if they adjust the water in the display tanks. If you plan to keep African Cichlids, spring water probably isn't the way to go unless it is hard with an elevated PH. As for copper pipes; still used today on interior plumbing. Might try a few feeder fish in a tank filled with your tap water and see how they do. If they survive, you will have saved yourself a lot of time & trouble. Good luck.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:52 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by V227 View Post
Chances are the nearby fish store is on the same tap your home is. Ask if they adjust the water in the display tanks. If you plan to keep African Cichlids, spring water probably isn't the way to go unless it is hard with an elevated PH. As for copper pipes; still used today on interior plumbing. Might try a few feeder fish in a tank filled with your tap water and see how they do. If they survive, you will have saved yourself a lot of time & trouble. Good luck.
V,

He is using that Caribsea African Cichlid substrate that raises pH.

My home has copper water lines and it was built in 2008. Ive always used tap water with out any problems.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:37 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by V227 View Post

No itís not, when I say near by fish store the one Iím talking about is 30 minutes away in a different town. Yeah Iíve done that and any fish I have had only last max two to three months. And other places in town their tap water donít taste like mine. I do have the eco complete cichlid substrate and stuff to raise ph. I kinda got no other choice than the spring water. Thank you lol

Tags
ate, tap water, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com