Tricky Pont Power Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happyhillbilly

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm planning on setting up a relitivley small pond later in the spring. I'm probally going to have 2 parts and 2 fountains connecting and recirculating them. The smaller part which will probally be in the back will be used for some tads. The larger part which will be connected to the smaller part with a small waterfall will have a few comets. Sooo back to the important part. I know exactly where I want the pond (see the attcached image) it gets the perfect amount of sunlight, and I read the AMF pond issue. The problem is the power. I have 2 available power supplies close to the pond. They are regular wall outlets (Outdoor). I was wondering how to get the power to the pond from the outlets. I have one of those extension cords with the little power box on a steak, but it might not reach and it will get in the way. Is there any special power cords that you can bury? I realy woul like to not have an electrition do it and charge us 500 bucks. Please please please help! See the diagram to see my situation.

yard9ch.png

From experience, wiring your own outlet isn't hard, but please make sure you have someone with experience help out.

Extension cords are not good long term solutions. What we did was run a pice of plastic conduit from an existing outlet near the house out to an outlet we installed near the pond. To bury the conduit, we just used a sodcutter, and put it a few inches below ground. This was a very simple task, but I again stress the need to get somone experienced with eletrical work to help out. I would also suggest putting the whole "pond outlet" on a switch so that you can shut everything down if need be.

Also, is the patio just pavers?

Thanks, I found out that my parents friend is an electrition. The patio is just a bunch of cement bricks and a wood surrounding. Thanks alot.

Edit:
Here are my notes for installing the outlet, tell me if thre's any other info please.

Run piece of plastic conduit from existing outlet to new outlet near pond. Bury condiut few inches below ground. Put pond outlet on seprate switch.

That is what I did. I am sure your electrician friend will also have some ideas. Good luck.

Another suggestion, get a lamp post. It will provide a light for your patio/pond and also create a nice place to mount the box. Do some landscaping below and you can disguise your pump wires fairly well.

Back
Top Bottom