Trying to Prevent Disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad your tank is looking clearer. :) Hopefully that will make things easier until you get your fixed filter. It must be a really great filter to have kept up with both Sucky and the orandas' waste up until now. :)

Yeah, Motor to Be Delivered tomorrow

Well, I am so excited. I was right about the time frame when I would probably receive it. Sucky's water was changed this morning. Now I need to go change water in the big tank, but from now on it will only be ONCE A WEEK! I recommend Hagen. They stand by their products. In fact, the filter that I ordered for the quarantine tank is a Hagen Whisper Quiet. I called the pet store and they have my three bristle noses. They said they will take Sucky and my comet as credit to them. I will be glad to get my Pleco out of the tote. He is not very happy. Don't worry JLK, everything will be going to quarantine for a month, before being introduced to my tank.

My daughter does have a Python that she is not using. She said that she thought it at least had 50 foot of tubing, maybe more. She is going to give it to me and hubby said that he would order anything that she has misplaced. I am going to talk to her tonight after she gets home from work. She works 12 hour shifts, so it will be tomorrow.

As promised, you will find pictures of my pond and fish attached. Actually, the only reason we filled it in was because a nice customer, years ago, gave me a start of water celery in exchange for some juvenile fish. I should have looked into the water plant before I accepted it. It took over the entire pond. It strangled any other plant that came near. DO NOT EVER PUT WATER CELERY IN YOUR POND! It is extremely prolific. No matter how much I pulled out, it would just come back extremely fast!!!!!! Koi do eat it and I put two Koi in the pond, but I think that the celery had rooted so well, that they did not have enough room to swim around. I hated loosing my pond, but I did what I had to. I could not find the picture of all of my dead babies after the 100 degree weather and the large storm that caused us to loose electricity. Learned another lesson: Have a back-up battery operated pump. With it being so hot, I was adding cool water everyday, but once the storm hit and the electricity stopped for two days, which stopped the aeration fountain, they just could not live.:(

Attachments

• July5,2002 017.jpg
    July5,2002 017.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 51
  • July5,2002 021.jpg
    July5,2002 021.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 50
  • July5,2002 012.jpg
    July5,2002 012.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 50
  • May182002 019.jpg
    May182002 019.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 47
You will figure out a way to make the python work! I have confidence! Glad to hear the pleco will be finding a new he soon and that your filter has returned! :)

I am very sorry about your pond- it was beautiful and natural and your fish looked beautiful and well cared for. I even see a canna in your picture (my favorite). It truly is unfortunate that this happened. :(

It was a beautiful pond and those were gorgeous fish. :( So very sorry for your loss. I'm really glad your filter and Python have arrived. You did a great job keeping everybody healthy in the absence of any filtration and the Python will make future water changes endlessly easier. Amazing job!! :)

Back
Top Bottom