Twin Tail Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Black moor/Fan tail.
Witch is the hardiest, and the best choice.

Also, could it survive at -15C(5F)

When i say -15, i meen for a very short period of time, maybe 5-25minutes at most.

I am not sure what your asking here. A regular fantail will likely be a bit hardier than a moor. Moors eyes are easily subject to injury and are burned by toxins. Nitrates need to stay low to prevent damage. That said, don't assume any fancy goldfish is 'hardy'. They actually require bit more diligence and care that quite a few tropicals.

In respect to the temp query, I don't understand why you would expose a fish to 5f, even short term unless you were just running from lfs to a vehicle. Would the fish survive the run to your car? Yes. Would it survive being submerged in supercooled water of 5f? Likely not but water freezes at 32f- anything lower would require the addition of chemicals (ie, vodka, antifreeze efc) which would kill a fish anyway. A bit more clarification of what you are asking would help.

I am not sure what your asking here. A regular fantail will likely be a bit hardier than a moor. Moors eyes are easily subject to injury and are burned by toxins. Nitrates need to stay low to prevent damage. That said, don't assume any fancy goldfish is 'hardy'. They actually require bit more diligence and care that quite a few tropicals.

In respect to the temp query, I don't understand why you would expose a fish to 5f, even short term unless you were just running from lfs to a vehicle. Would the fish survive the run to your car? Yes. Would it survive being submerged in supercooled water of 5f? Likely not but water freezes at 32f- anything lower would require the addition of chemicals (ie, vodka, antifreeze efc) which would kill a fish anyway. A bit more clarification of what you are asking would help.
If he was exposed to a temperature of 5F Very shortly. Not submerged in it.

I'm going to assume your carrying him from the store to your car and driving home. Then yes they both would be fine If not though.....

If he was exposed to a temperature of 5F Very shortly. Not submerged in it.

Once again, can you please explain what you are asking here????????

If your not talking about a fish submerged 5f water, I dont know why you would be removing a fish from water and exposing it to 5f temps. If it didnt freeze, it would suffocate.

I'm saying if i would carry it in a plastic bag from the store until my car for 5 minutes. Its okay, my question was answered.

Back
Top Bottom