Update on Saved Goldfish! Maverick and Pierce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TigerFusion

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello Everyone,

Sorry it has been a while since I have posted an update... Actually so long the thread was closed.

Our first goldfish was Pierce. The Carnival Shubunkin that my Daughter won. He want from 10 to a massive 75 gallon and we had found him a friend, a Yellow Shubunkin named Savannah. Unfortunately, I lost Savannah to Dropsey. I will get to that in a bit.

Our other Goldfish Save was Maverick (Formerly named Flounder). I saved him from my Daughter's friend that had him for 2 years in a 10 gallon tank with a Very Agressive Gourami that tore him to bits. Poor guy had Ammonia burns and torn Fins... All of them. Maverick not only graduated to his cooler name, but from 10 gallon torture tank to 10 gallon Hospital Tank, to 30 gallon Breeder and Now to 75 gallon with Pierce and his friend Opal.

They have all gotten so big. We graduated Maverick and Opal to the 75 gallon to meet up with Pierce and Savannah. Savannah was the timid one out of the bunch. Unfortunately one morning, my son woke me up saying "Savanah is Stuck!" Well, the other 3 became Great Friends and Swam around chasing each other but Savanah was not able to keep up. That night, the other three got a bit too Agressive in their Social Behavior and nut have pushed her in the corner, behind my Fluval 406 intake tube. I immediately took her out and she was having a tough time staying right side up. I put her in the 30 gallon breeder where she seemed to recover and swim slowly around the tank for a week or so. She then started to swell up and "Pinecone". Tried giving her medicine and good food, but she passed away.

Attaching a couple picks of the Gigantic Pierce and Maverick... If you remember Maverick, his fins were Shreaded and now almost all grown back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 120
Here is Maverick. Opal is the White one behind him, she is getting big too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 115
I am very sorry about Savannah but you have done a wonderful job assuring everyone is well cared for. They are all growing well and look content! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wow maverick looks soo much better

we're gona need a bigger tank (boat).. JAWS ~~~∆~~\o/~~

LOL!! I am hoping the 75 will be enough for the 3 Musketeers. Along with the 2 Golden Dojo Loaches. I may have to take out the big Dragon in there as fast as the 3 Fly around the tank.

LOL!! I am hoping the 75 will be enough for the 3 Musketeers. Along with the 2 Golden Dojo Loaches. I may have to take out the big Dragon in there as fast as the 3 Fly around the tank.

Wow,I remember this. I was following your previous thread until it closed. Glad to hear it was a happy ending! You don't see goldfish in appropriate sized tanks with good tank mates very often so Im glad you are doing it right! (y) Keep up the good work!!!

Thank you Dallas!! I appreciate the encouragement from every one here. I feel bad for not posting in so long. I think after the Death of my Weather Loach due to my careless Vacuuming I was ashamed of myself. Then, loosing Savanah to Dropsey after adding Opal and Maverick to the 75 Gallon did not help either.

I am going to try to get more pictures up soon.

Just an update on the tank:

I replaced the Marineland Emeror 400 HOB Filter with a Second Fluval 406 Canister to boost the Filtration and Circulation in the tank for the Goldfish and Loach as the grow.

Tomorrow, I should be getting 2 Current USA Truelumen Lunar LED's to add on to my Marineland lights. The Marineland Singlebright has a Current USA Single Ramp timer to turn it on and off, but I have been turning it back on for Blue Lunar Light and having to adjust on time in morning... The Lunar lights will allow the Singlebright (Now a 48") to ramp up and down for dawn and dusk and the Lunar ED's will be the moonlight.

I appologize for all the updates... I am working on correcting my Profile. I have made so many changes since last time I was really active. Still working on the 30 Gallon Breeder. Adjusting Temp for the Rainbows, but may have to move the Danios, which are Colder Water, and not sure about the White Clouds... May end up in the 10 Gallon... Lot has changed... I am working on it... I used to have the Rainbows and White Clouds in the 75 when it was just 2 Goldfish. Got the Danios to help Maverick feel more Comfortable (Dither Fish).... Now with Savanah gone, Maverick and Opal in the 75 with Pierce... Wow.... It gets complicated with Bio Load vs Temp Tollerance. I got the Rainbows because the site I found them on showed them as lower than Tropical Temp, but now have read that they like higher temp.... But the White Clouds and Danio are Colder, but too much for the 75 Gallon........ Ugh!

Quick Pics

Horrible Quality... Just wanted to show that both tanks are Always in view while watching TV. I Love them!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 111
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426446000.882430.jpg
Considering this is what Maverick looked like in the 10 Gallon Hospital Tank back in October.... He is Doing Wonderful! thank You So Much for the Comments and Support!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What a transformation! Beautiful fins now :) Well done.

He is looking so good!

Well done to you and Maverick - so good to see :0)

Back
Top Bottom