uv filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saywill

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have got to buy a uv filter for my pond. I've put it off for way to long. My question is, where do I hook it up? All the units that I have seen state to run the uv filter after the bio filter. So my question is, can one pump in the pond flow water to the bio filter, then thru the uv filter, then back into the pond? Or should I do something else. I want to have some volume when the water is brought back into the pond to aerate it.:banghead:

My LFS recommended the UV separate from the main filters. They said that the UV would kill event he beneficial bacterial so its best to leave it separate.

I installed my UV filter between the pump and the biofilter and had no problems at all. Crystal clear water, healthy fish, healthy nematodes. Everyone was happy. They must have been; they spawned like crazy!

Tee it off after the filter. 1 line to the pond-1 to a valve to the UV -to the pond. That way you can adjust the flow to the UV also you have cleaner water going in the UV. Bounce the water over some rocks( waterfall) on the way to the pond will help aerate it.

Back
Top Bottom