warning to pond owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PondFond

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello. I want to warn you all about nasty people that go from pond to pond and dump washing detergent in them killing all the fish and plants. I have had it done to me before. Just watch out for those punks :wink:

I do that alot.. We make sure there isnt any fish or anything in there first though.

Jason,
thanks for the advisory/warning.

Rach101, I hope you are still young...maybe 13 or so. Not that being 13 makes behavior like that acceptable...just that it would explain such stupid, childish behavior.
Whether there are fish in the pond/fountain or not, that is vandalism - plain and simple.

I agree. And I hope you are not serious Rach. A pond is just a large tank. Putting soap in there is gonna mess up the bio filters. And, my ponds are so dark, you'd never be able to know for sure if there were fish in them or not.

Just to clear things up.. its my friends pond that we do it to so we know there arent fish in there. and we always help with the clean ups for em. They do the same to mine.

Rach101 said:
Just to clear things up.. its my friends pond that we do it to

no, it is your friends *PARENTS* pond that you do it to and I do not think anyone would appreciate it. The behaviour is still vandalism. What also of the plants? No one puts in a "pond" that doesnt have something in it. Soap would hurt it all.

In most cases, it still would be an arrestable offense, vandalism, destruction of property etc. Beware that some day, some parent may not be so tolerant.

Hara, that is kinda harsh, we do't even the know the whole story. You know these people may have moved into their house and the house happened to have a pond but they had no intension of using it, maybe they just like the look of the fountain. I am sorry if i offended you in any way. :(

I commented on the words presented. If there was more to the story, it wasnt mentioned. I stand by what I said.

Back
Top Bottom