What are these.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meliboouk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Sorry if this isn't in right category......

I have a tank with white cloud minnows(they have previously breed) and a snail( quite small, had the tank set up for 4/5 months and snail has not long hatched(didn't quarantine plant whoops learnt lesson on that one)

Anyway I was looking in tank and keep finding white patches on glass, they don't look like snail eggs, and as I never saw minnow eggs(just spotted babies) I don't no if they are them, I had got them all of the sides and now there's more......

Here's the pic sorry I it's hard to see but they are flat to the glass, the glass is cleaned twice a week when I do water changes, any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Sent from fish phone

Based on the scale, these appear to be very small. And they appear within a few days after cleaning the sides? Are they present on other surfaces as well? Not sure what they are. Old snail egg clusters? Hmmm. I am leaning towards a species of FW Bryozoa. I've seen those develop in a filter on in a pond and I've read of at least one account of it on this forum. But I think those colonies take a while to develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi thanks for the response, I've googled Bryozoa up and it dosent look like them, it's appearing within a day of cleaning the sides, and the minnows are eating it aswell, I don't think it's the snail as he/she seems to be on my plant or ornaments and it's not appearing on any of them.

Sent from fish phone

Back
Top Bottom